Clovr, a startup focused on promoting blockchain adoption, conducted a survey of over 1000 participants to gauge how Americans feel about cryptocurrency. The survey was separated into five categories: general knowledge, market sentiment, reason for investing, traits of investors, and demographics. The results from respondents are as follows:
- 76% know what cryptocurrency is.
- 62% feel comfortable explaining cryptocurrency to someone else.
- 69.8% associate uncertainty with cryptocurrency.
- 32.9% associate confusion with cryptocurrency.
- 31.5% associate excitement with cryptocurrency.
Reason for investing:
- The top reason why investors invest in cryptocurrency is "possibility of huge return on investment."
- The top reason why investors don't invest cryptocurrency is "it's too risky."
Traits of investors:
- The top trait associated with people who have invested in cryptocurrency is "risk-taking."
- The top trait associated with people who have not invested in cryptocurrency is "plays it safe."
- 66% have invested in cryptocurrency.
- 23% of women have invested in cryptocurrency.
- 43% of men have invested in cryptocurrency.