Two Sigma Ventures raises $400 million across two funds

Quick Take

  • The venture arm of Two Sigma closed two funds that totaled over $400 million. 
  • Two Sigma Ventures invests in early-stage crypto and DeFi firms, as well as other startups that use data and technology for social advancement. 

Two Sigma Ventures, a venture firm focused on early-stage companies, announced Wednesday that it raised $400 million across its two funds. 

Two Sigma Ventures will use the two funds to invest in companies that use data and technology for social advancement, according to a company release. The firm raised 85% of the $400 million from external investors like college endowments, non-profit foundations and pension funds. Senior employees and partners at Two Sigma provided the remaining 15%. 

In addition to crypto and DeFi, Two Sigma Ventures invests in early-stage firms in software-as-a-service and fintech, among other areas. 


Keep up with the latest news, trends, charts and views on crypto and DeFi with a new biweekly newsletter from The Block's Frank Chaparro

By signing-up you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
By signing-up you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

Two Sigma Ventures is the venture arm of Two Sigma, a New York-based financial sciences firm. Two Sigma has over $60 billion worth of assets under management, according to the firm’s website.

© 2023 The Block. All Rights Reserved. This article is provided for informational purposes only. It is not offered or intended to be used as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice.

About Author

MK Manoylov has been a reporter for The Block since 2020 — joining just before bitcoin surpassed $20,000 for the first time. Since then, MK has written nearly 1,000 articles for the publication, covering any and all crypto news but with a penchant toward NFT, metaverse, web3 gaming, funding, crime, hack and crypto ecosystem stories. MK holds a graduate degree from New York University's Science, Health and Environmental Reporting Program (SHERP) and has also covered health topics for WebMD and Insider. You can follow MK on X @MManoylov and on LinkedIn.