The final countdown to The Merge is here, with various watch parties set up to capture the event live.
Despite several delays and setbacks, The Merge marks the culmination of years of hard work for Ethereum’s core developers to ensure a smooth transition, drastically reducing its often criticized energy consumption. ConsenSys CEO Joseph Lubin even heralded The Merge as the third biggest event since the advent of Bitcoin and Ethereum.
The event itself could be a very late night or early morning for many enthusiasts keen to join in on the celebrations from North America and Europe. Unless something changes soon, Ethereum is estimated to shift from proof of work to proof of stake at 1 am ET on Thursday.
The Merge watch party events
Those willing to stay up late or wake up early and catch the event live can hear from notable guests alongside the wider Ethereum community at the following Merge watch parties:
- Ethereum Foundation: Ethereum Mainnet Merge Viewing Party - from 10:30 pm ET on Sept. 14.
- Nethermind: Merge Watch - from 6 pm ET on Sept. 14.
- Bankless: The Eve of The Merge Livestream - from 5 pm ET on Sept. 14.
How to track The Merge
Here are a couple of good resources for tracking what will happen:
- Bordel.wtf lets users track the Terminal Total Difficulty to see when the upgrade will happen.
- Beaconcha.in shows the latest data on the proof-of-stake chain, which will show new slots as they are processed.
For the latest news and updates about The Merge, make sure to check out our live coverage.
© 2023 The Block Crypto, Inc. All Rights Reserved. This article is provided for informational purposes only. It is not offered or intended to be used as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice.