Our Season 2 Hackathon involved four tracks, 1,800+ participants, 200+ projects, and a $1,000,000 prize pool. In Season 3, we will increase to six tracks and feature a $1,200,000 prize pool.
The SIX TRACKS are:
- Empowering users everywhere to engage in the global economy by offering convenient and decentralized financial solutions.
- Season 2 1st Place Winner: Meson
- Enabling the next generation of gaming where immersive entertainment meets play-to-earn blockchain.
- Season 2 1st Place Winner: ScoreMilk
- Offering companies and brands solutions for fan-engagement with desired utility.
- Season 2 1st Place Winner: Umbre
- Providing the transition from web2 to web3 by introducing useful community tools for DAOs, decentralized socials, and more.
- Season 2 1st Place Winner: Kattana
NEW: Ecosystem (Ethereum Track)
- We hope to attract Ethereum (ETH) projects looking to expand their reach by leveraging the BTTC cross-chain bridge solutions (or others) towards the TRON ecosystem.
NEW: TRON Academy (Mini Hackathon)
- We hope to empower next-gen innovation with an IRL (in real life) event designed specifically for students.
- This in-person event will be launched as a “mini-hackathon” at a “hacker house” (location to be determined).
The rewards for the Judges-Voted winners are as follows:
For DeFi, GameFi, NFT, and Web3:
- 1st - $60,000
- 2nd - $50,000
- 3rd - $40,000
- 4th - $30,000
- 5th - $20,000
For Ecosystem and Academy:
- 1st - $15,000
- 2nd - $10,000
- 3rd - $9,000
- 4th - $8,000
- 5th - $7,000
- NOTE: Academy Track will also be five “Honorable Mention” winners who will each receive $5,000.
TRON DAO community members will vote for projects they approve of the most. Rewards for Community-Voted winners are as follows:
For DeFi, GameFi, NFT, Web3, and Ecosystem:
- 1st - $10,000
- 2nd - $9,000
- 3rd - $8,000
- 4th - $7,000
- 5th - $6,000
- 1st - $5,000
- 2nd - $4,000
- 3rd - $3,000
- 4th - $2,000
- 5th - $1,000
The important dates are:
- Sep 20 - Site Launch at MainNet 2022 NYC
- Sep 20 to Nov 14 - Submission Period
- Nov 15 to Nov 27 - Judging Prep
- Nov 29 to Dec 12 - Judging Period
- Dec 13 to Dec 15 - Winners Prep
- Dec 16 - Winners Announced!
This is a special opportunity for aspiring teams to make their mark in Web3. The TRON Ecosystem encourages development on BTTC, allowing any dApps created to work on multiple blockchain platforms such as TRON, Ethereum, and BNB Chain (with more to come).
Join the TRON Grand Hackathon 2022 Season 3 by applying at TRONDAO.org.
We can’t wait to see the stellar projects you create!
This post is commissioned by Tron and does not serve as a testimonial or endorsement by The Block. This post is for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon as a basis for investment, tax, legal or other advice. You should conduct your own research and consult independent counsel and advisors on the matters discussed within this post. Past performance of any asset is not indicative of future results.
© 2023 The Block. All Rights Reserved. This article is provided for informational purposes only. It is not offered or intended to be used as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice.