June 1, 2023 – Today, crypto and digital assets news, research, and data company, The Block, unveiled its News API to enable seamless access to its market leading industry news.
The Block uniquely covers the crypto and digital assets ecosystem from an insider’s perspective. Its global newsroom draws on deep subject matter expertise and an extensive network of industry sources to cover the companies, people, and events driving crypto market trends. From original scoops and exclusives, to breaking news and features, The Block goes beyond the trending headlines and enriches stories with proprietary crypto research and data produced by an in-house team of industry’s analysts.
The News API is a “request-only”, or REST API tool. It can be used to search for, and request, current and past news coverage from The Block. Other features of this API include:
- On Demand Access: Use keyword and topic filters to request past and current headlines and articles published on The Block’s research portal, The Block Pro or public news website.
- Topic-Specific Filters: Customize API queries by keyword, article length, vertical topic, publication date, and other search parameters. Request up to 1,000 articles at a time.
- Integration Options: Set-up ad hoc or periodic queries according to an organization's needs. Consume news content in a structured JSON format.
The News API is one of several APIs offered by The Block Pro, the premium news, research, and data platform for crypto savvy businesses and investors. The Block also offers APIs for:
- Deals: the industry’s most comprehensive database of web3 deal information, including fundraising updates, company, and investor profiles. Get a trustworthy and up-to-date picture of the web3 fundraising landscape with data that’s sourced, compiled, and verified by The Block’s in-house research and data analysts.
- Ecosystems: Get timely access to The Block’s comprehensive library of proprietary data sets – the same data that feeds the original charts on The Block Pro. Access and manipulate data related to dozens of blockchains and their ecosystems.
The Block also offers a websocket API for automated and timely consumption of market moving news. Licenses for all API tools are available to organizations with at least one subscription to The Block Pro. For more information about the Block’s News API, please contact our Client Services team at [email protected].
© 2023 The Block. All Rights Reserved. This article is provided for informational purposes only. It is not offered or intended to be used as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice.